Urgent care centers appeal to people who want immediate attention for medical conditions that are not medical emergencies.
As the name implies, urgent care’s value proposition is time savings. Here are 4 things you need to know about urgent care:
- No appointment needed. You can get into most urgent care clinics without the burden of having to make and wait for an appointment.
- Short drive time. Most urgent care clinics are located in suburban areas near residential neighborhoods or large business corridors so patients don’t have to drive to a downtown area or to an urban legacy hospital for care.
- Short waiting room time. The urgent care model is designed to keep patients flowing through the center so that the time a patient spends sitting in the waiting room is usually less than 30 minutes.
- Always see a doctor. Most urgent care centers differentiate themselves from walk-in clinics by having each patient see a doctor rather than a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant.
Here are 4 things you need to know about AFC/Doctors Express:
- We meet all the 4 things above about urgent care. No appointment needed; easy access from just about anywhere in the Memphis metro area; our wait times average less than 20 minutes from sign-in; patients always see a doctor.
- Total time spent at AFC/Doctors Express is less than an hour. Unless you need x-rays or lab tests, patients are in and out in an average of 55 minutes. Even when x-rays and other tests are needed, more than 90 percent of those patients spend less than 90 minutes at AFC/Doctors express.
- Open 7 Days a week. Not only are there doctors on staff, we have doctors on staff every day of the week.
- Open past normal business hours. We are open each day of the week from 8 a.m. to 8 p. m.
On average, an urgent care clinic has been in operation for 7 years. AFC/Doctors Express has been operating in Memphis for 5 years. As part of the American Family Care health care system, Doctors Express is part of a company that has been delivering top quality healthcare and medical services since 1982.
One of the largest providers of accessible healthcare in the Southeast, American Family Care (AFC) enjoys a national reputation for delivering the highest levels of patient satisfaction in a broad range of medical services.
AFC/Doctors Express is now the second largest privately owned urgent care operator in the country. The combined strengths of the two companies offer exceptional patient care nationwide for urgent care, minor emergency treatment and occupational medicine.